Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Remodeling Idea for Laundry Room

I want to create a space for my washer and drying that enable me to close the door and keep this area private. So I have been studying my pantry and think I have up with an idea that will make me happy.

Know that this space was never a pantry, it was at one time the landing to the steps to the basement but the owner of the house before me removed the steps and closed off this area. He turned into a storage closet, then my husband turned it into a pantry and now I am going to turn it into a laundry room.

Presently when you enter my home using the side door you have to come in through the mudroom, this is where I have my washer and dryer. This entrance means my laundry has to be perfect all the time and that everybody sees my hamper of dirty clothes. So the pantry would be ideal laundry room because there is enough space for a stacked washer and dryer and there is a door.

Once the washer and dryer is installed I then can redecorate the mudroom. This area would be more appealing if there were lovely oak cabinets on the wall with eye appealing décor on top.

I can install cabinets for storage and decorate the top of the cabinets with silk ivy plant and woven baskets, decorative jars, and farm accents. I think the new cabinets and the home decorations will open this area and the mudroom would be more welcoming to guests.

Here is a video that shares some good tips on how to organize your laundry room.


No comments: