Friday, June 20, 2014

Patriotic Decorating Ideas for 4th of July


Patriotic flag: decorating with red white and blue 
When it comes to decorating my home I  like to use patriotic accessories in the kitchen, living room, bathroom and foyer.

I will decorate with red white and blue in all high traffic areas.  I think the  patriotic theme will make my home feel festive and fun on the 4th of July

In the kitchen I would recommend that you decorate with the basics; plates, apron, canisters, placemats, napkins and kitchen towels.  Set your kitchen table and then create a red and white floral centerpiece with blue star accents.

In the living room I would continue my decorations to add a festive pendant lamp, table lamp and some throw pillows.  A large poster with a patriotic theme would also make a feature wall pop and a centerpiece for the coffee table.

Another way to decorate for 4th of July is to wrap a column or drape plastic patriotic streamers as they are a fun and a festive way to add the red, white and blue theme to your party theme.

Accent a bathroom with red white and blue shower curtain, towels and accessory accents.  Your guest will think that the room is eye appealing and that you are creative.

If you plan to dine outdoors on the deck then set the table with a 4th of July theme table cloth and don’t forget the paper plates and napkins.  I found patriotic styled appetizer party plates at zazzle.com that I thought would be perfect when used with patriotic placemats or tablecloth.

Planning and decorating for a 4th of July party will make your home feel welcoming to your guests.  Here are a few of my interior decorating recommendations.

Americana Living Room

Americana Living Room by sgolis featuring Ethan Allen




No comments: