Friday, July 11, 2014

Country Cottage Living Room Inspiration

My home is traditional dark wood vintage furniture from the 1929’s and I love the look but would prefer if my living room had a more cottage feel as I think it is has more character.   Presently my living room is formal and when friends and family come to visit they walk past this room and go to my country theme kitchen.

My husband loves the tradition living room so I have been pointing out to him in magazines and also on HGTV how comfortable the country cottage theme makes a room feel. 

I think by adding a few key accessories that it will make a huge difference.  Any way I want to keep my wood furniture I only want to change out some accessories so that the ambiance will be warm and welcoming. 


I am inspired to decorate my living room with a country theme by featuring a hooked rugs, folklore patchwork toss pillows, plaid or calico homespun sofa throws, handcrafted antique wooden toys and Battenberg lace window treatments.  So here are some accessories finds that I think would make my living room feel cozier.

Country Cottage Accessories from zazzle.com


For the coffee table leave a puzzle opened up with pieces scatter this is a good way to get family and guest working together to put together;  a real ice breaker at house party.

Add a deck of vintage cards for another way for family and guests to relax in the living room

Vintage French Toile Bicycle® Playing Cards
Vintage French Toile Bicycle® Playing Cards by GrafixMom
Check out more Playing Card Decks online at zazzle.com

Keep with the country cottage theme and add some beverage coasters to your coffee or end tables.  By adding coasters family and friends will feel more welcomed and not afraid of my formal living room.

This pillow coordinates well with the color theme of the room.  The vintage style will compliment a country cottage theme.



Complete the room with a feature canvas print above the sofa.  Here are a few prints that I love.

Vintage Country Cottage Stretched Canvas Print
Vintage Country Cottage Stretched Canvas Print by Sara_Valor
Browse Vintage Canvas Prints online at Zazzle.com

Light up your country cottage living room with table and pendant lamps by zazzle.com



I am inspired to decorate my living room; how about you do you have a room in your home that needs to be redecorated?  You need not make major changes; sometimes changing out accessories will make the room warm and welcoming.

No comments: