Saturday, November 29, 2014

Blue Christmas Decorating Ideas


When it comes to decorating for the holiday season I enjoy many themes; in  my dining room I will feature a traditional red and green Christmas tree and my breakfast nook is where I will decorate a smaller tree with a blue theme. Both my husband and I enjoying having a blue Christmas tree and decorating this area with a variety of accessories.



One of the reasons that I like decorating with a blue snowflake theme is because it represents winter and after Christmas I will take down my holiday tree but other than that he blue snowflake decorations can remain throughout the winter season.

When it comes time decorate the Christmas tree I will add white mini lights then add a variety of blue theme ornaments and white and silver snowflakes that I bought at amazon, some crystal prisms and when that is completed I will accent the tree with lovely blue satin ribbon with white snowflake print instead of garland.  Here are a few blue snowflake ornaments that I found at zazzle that you may like for your blue Christmas decorations. 






Normally I will decorate a remembrance Christmas tree which consists of childhood Hallmark ornaments and photo ornaments of my loved ones who have passed away.  I also add photo ornaments for my fur kids.  If you are like me and enjoy sharing your holiday with loved ones that have passed away then you may like this lovey pewter snowflake ornament where you to customize with your own photo.

Accent your Christmas tree with this pretty white satin ribbon with blue and white snowflake print. Or Make up individual bows for your Christmas tree.
Your blue them Christmas will look so pretty.


When it comes to decorating for a blue Christmas I prefer simple and elegant. I will accent the kitchen bakers rack with a variety of blue holiday plates, mugs,  and a candy jar. Then hanging off the side of the rack a blue holiday apron. 

Here are a few dinner and decorative plates that will make your blue theme kitchen pop.  You can display them on your bakers rack,  in your china cabinet, on your wall or set a lovely winter wonderland table for your family and guests.  




Spend time with your family and friends by enjoying some holiday plans or a Christmas story while sipping coffee or hot chocolate from your blue snowflake mugs. These mugs are so pretty you would not want to hide them in the cabinet. Instead keep them on your bakers rack or next to your coffee maker on your kitchen counter. Also add some pretty snowflake napkins.








Here are other kitchen accessories that will look coordinate with your Christmas blue theme. 

When I decorate with a specific color I tend to spread the color out so that there is a flow of color rather than the color all in one place.  I think a balance of color is more eye appealing.





Blue Snowflake Candy Dishes by ellenlaurine


And for your wall here is a blue and white winter wonderland poster that I designed from one of my original photographs. This poster will compliment all of your blue Christmas decorations.



White Christmas in Wonderland Poster Poster
White Christmas in Wonderland Poster Poster by Susang6

View this video to get inspired to decorate for a blue Christmas this year


   




Happy Holiday Decorating Everyone!

No comments: