Sunday, December 14, 2014

Decorating with Warm Colors

When it comes to accenting my homes decor for winter, I like to decorate with the  warm colors  red and dark green. I choose these colors because a space that is decorated with red feels warmer plus it is a good color to compliment  the evergreen garland with pine cones on the mantel.
I may take down my Christmas tree but in winter I leave up the evergreen garland and pine cones  because it represents my winter decorations.  Then
when I accent my den with an assortment of red pillows;  tartan print mixed with woodland deer prints the room feel warm and cozy.

When decorating with throw pillows I will buy a variety of sizes and shapes and then I will add 4 to 6 pillows to my sofa. Know that two of those pillows will be used by my husband when he lies on the sofa and the others will end up on the recliner or on the floor.

 Everyone that stretches out on the carpet will grab a throw pillow especially if they are playing board games or watching TV, so four or more throw pillows are better than one or two.
Here are some zazzle throw pillows that will make your winter home or cabin look and feel warmer in winter.



No comments: