Friday, May 29, 2015

Decorating Ideas for Nautical Theme Home Office


I got an email today from one of my clients and they asked me to put together a nautical theme for their home office. The client wants some product ideas for their space. Nothing over the top, just cosmetic changes to their existing office.

Last year I did change the look of their home office by accessorizing it with a golf related products. The theme consisted of green and paneling that was painted green, with a green grass area rug that was perfect for the home office.  This year my client desires a nautical look so I am only happy to provide my service for their home décor needs.

When the client told me nautical I wondered what they meant, anchors, stripes, seashells, blue white red yellow what do they like? Found out that they like lighthouses and sailboats, that anchors are okay too, and the colors that they prefer are blue, white and natural beige. Now I know to design a set that features a room that has a sailing theme with lighthouses.

For this nautical home office design I am thinking that the paneling should be painted white, then add some blue paint on top and that will be the feature wall. Their office furniture is dark so the white paneling with the blue will add ambiance without giving the room a closed in appearance.

When the cosmetic updates for the space is completed I will then shop for lighthouse or sailboat posters and do a feature wall behind the desk. Add some nautical wall accents. They may want to buy a new chair or get the one they have reupholstered.



This remodeling of the home office is cosmetic and think it will look really nice when it is completed. Here is the design that I created for my client to show him how the space would look with white painted paneling, blue trim and a variety of home decor accessories including a blue throw rug.

Here are some products that I found while shopping online that I think are perfect for a nautical theme home office.

Throw Pillows







Nautical posters and prints





Jupiter Lighthouse and Sailboat Poster
Jupiter Lighthouse and Sailboat Poster by lighthouseenthusiast
Browse through more Posters, Art & Prints at Zazzle.com


By the Sea Print
By the Sea Print by wildapple
Get the best in online poster printing at zazzle.com

Lamps




Vintage Sail boat Print Lamps
Vintage Sail boat Print Lamps by ECLECT
Browse more Sailing Lamp-In-A-Box Lamp at Zazzle

mugs



Other sailing accessories for space



Decorative ceramic tiles



Plum Beach lighthouse tile
Plum Beach lighthouse tile by RenderlyYours
Check out more Plum Tiles at Zazzle



Heceta Head Lighthouse Tiles
Heceta Head Lighthouse Tiles by LeoneArdo
See other Heceta head Tiles at zazzle




No comments: