Sunday, November 8, 2015

PINK Christmas Tree and Home Decor Ideas

When it comes time to decorate for the Christmas holidays many people will choose the colors green and red. Others will decorate for a white Christmas or they will opt for the latest trend. This year I will be decorating a clients tree, living room and setting her holiday table with a pink theme.


My clients home is a Victorian that dates back to 1908. This gorgeous home  is decorated with hardwood antiques. These antiques look lovely in the rooms that have creamy white painted walls and dark teal green trim. Her accent color is pink and mauve (pinkish purple). I am excited about this job because the pink theme Christmas interior will be fabulous 

 Here is a home set that I created on polyvore that will show you how lovely a pink theme is.

Presently my client and I are checking out all the antique stores, and estate sales in the area. You can find lovely crystal candlesticks, chandelier prisms, hand crochet doilies and ornaments. We are searching for frosted glass, and silver round ornaments that will reflect the light and are a must when decorating a Christmas tree. I also like strands of pearls, or crystal beads to trim the tree as it lends for a vintage look that is so appealing.


On the coffee table I plan on covering it pink and silver elegant damask or other tablecloth and in the center a fresh cut balsam arrangement that is accented with pink silk poinsettia and silver round ornaments.   Here is a tablecloth I created for my client, you may view it at my zazzle shop, click the blue text under the photo. 



 Since my main color is pink I will add poinsettia potted silk plants as color accents through out the dining areas as this is the traditional plant for Christmas. (Know that I intend on buying pink silk poinsettia plants at Hobby Lobby because they offer quality at a fair price.

In addition to the elegant pink glass ornaments on the feature tree,  I will also be decorating a smaller Christmas tree for my clients library.  This tree will feature bird ornaments. I found a few vintage style bird ceramic ornaments that I think will look lovely on the Christmas tree. Here are a few ornaments that I like.


Vintage Cottage Bird's Nest Ornament
Vintage Cottage Bird's Nest Ornament by PoeticPastries
Browse through more unique Christmas ornaments at zazzle.com




Vintage Birds French Design Round Metal Christmas Ornament
Vintage Birds French Design Round Metal Christmas Ornament by Artsy_Bee_Digital
Create customized christmas tree ornaments at zazzle.com.

Get inspired to decorate your Christmas tree with a pink, black or silver theme.  Here is a video that will show you how to.



No comments: