Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Ready Set Go Decorate for Christmas


It is safe to say that I want to break into my storage containers and organize my red green decorations before Thanksgiving. I usually decorate every room in our home so starting now would be a good idea.

Here is a Christmas set that i designed to show a client last year how to decorate their walkout basement for family gatherings.  

My husband watched me as I set up the Thanksgiving outdoor display on our porch and added a few accents in china nook but knows that I really want to set up my small remembrance, hallmark and other ornament trees now before I decorate my living room tree which is a fresh cut that we get from the tree farm.


Hubby said just do it, go get the storage boxes from the garage and decorate a few rooms for Christmas.

Okay so that is all I needed, a little push and I am inspired to decorate my sun porch, bedroom, bathrooms with a red and green theme. Yes Christmas is on and I am going to start getting ready to decorate my home.
My small table top remembrance tree for sun porch


Feeling inspired to decorate when it snows. Today the weather is going to be frightful, rain, snow and cold. So my plan is to to burn a Yankee balsam candle, listen to seasonal music and decorate my sofa with Christmas patterned pillows, sofa throw, and drape a fleece blanket over the backside of my accent chair by the fireplace. I will decorate the walls with posters and prints.


Here are some throw pillows that I designed at my zazzle shop.  They will compliment a green and red Christmas theme. 


Look at more Green and white Throw Blankets at zazzle

The fireplace mantle will be decorated with fresh cut balsam branches, pine cones and silk holly branches that I bought at hobbylobby.com.  Then I will drape a strand of LCD white mini lights on the backside of the garland and the mantle will look gorgeous.



I will not decorate the dining room or the kitchen until after Thanksgiving. But getting a head start on decorating means more time to enjoy the Christmas season, to bake cookies, shop for gifts and enjoy the spirit of the holiday season with family, friends and neighbors.


Do you decorate for Christmas before or after Thanksgiving?

No comments: