Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Getting Ready to Decorate for Fall Season

Today the weather was cool and the drop in temperature, along with gray skies put me in the mood for getting my home ready for fall decorating. So I made a pot pumpkin coffee latte then lit a pumpkin spice candle to create fall ambiance and to get motivated to decorate.

Before I could attempt to decorate, I needed to organize my summer accessories and home accents. I pulled them all and set them on my dining room table, and then I wrapped in plastic bubble wrap and packed everything in storage containers for the garage. It took me all day to do this prep work and when all containers were out of sight I realized that the next step would mean a top to bottom cleaning to remove the dirt and the dust.
I was exhausted so I asked my husband to help me and he said he would clean the rugs and ceiling fans for me. I was hoping he would say he would clean the baseboard but thought it best to stay quiet.
Cleaning the house with your spouse is a whole lot better than doing it by yourself. Once my husband starts cleaning he is like a machine. He may not have done the baseboards but he did go into the kitchen and washed the dishes, cleaned up the counter and mopped the floor. (He is my hero)
When all was said and done we both sat on the couch and admired our housework. The room looked fresh and very clean. We are both motivated to decorate for fall and Halloween. My husband said he would do the outdoors and I get to decorate the interior.
Tomorrow I will get out my fall storage containers to see what I have and make a list of what I need. I know I will do some shopping this year for leaf pattern table runnersthrowpillows and would like to pick up a fall pattern fleece blanket to toss over the backside of the sofa. Fall nights can be cool and the blanket will come in handy. I also would like to buy some paperplates and fall designed coffee mugs.
Well, I have a plan for tomorrow and think the day will be special because I will be doing autumn activities and crafts with my family. Do you decorate for the fall season?

No comments: