Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Blue Christmas Decor Ideas for Living Room


One of my clients loves the color blue and wanted to update his Christmas room by utilizing shades of blue with contrasting white and silver. He told me to keep the walls a white, but was open for discussion for a blue feature wall with blue snowflake or winter wonderland canvas print or poster.

But other than that he asked me to use accessories; throw pillows, winter blue, white and silver accessories including crystal sculpture to pop up his room decor color and to add visual interest.   My client said he liked the art deco style with tufted sofa, high back chairs but was open to new modern ideas. I jotted down his wants for the Christmas room makeover and then went to work.

 I searched online for products that would work with his Christmas room. I found some interesting home décor accessories at Joss & Main.com, zazzle.com and polyvore. I prefer to gather Christmas product ideas from online rather than running around town search of this and that. Online is so much easier to shop for home décor ideas because everything is a click away.

I searched online for products that  and  colors that were appealing. My client liked Ethan Allan furniture, and Baccarat crystal.  He was a man who liked finer things and I knew I could present a visually appealing Christmas room that he would love.

Here is the Christmas home decor set I created at Polyvore for my client. My service is to inspire and to show the client  visually appealing rooms based on what they tell me, and what I interpret when talking to them. After I present then a visual presentation then they can then hire me to decorate their home or they can do it themselves or hire whoever they want.  On average it take me a day to prepare a product design for my client. 

The products listed bellow this set are my designs from my Susang6 shop at zazzle.com.  All other items can be found at Polyvore.com.


Blue Christmas by sgolis featuring throw pillows



When all was said and done the blue Christmas décor that I found online turned and ordinary room into an extraordinary room.

Here is a youtube video that features 25 living rooms that are decorated for Christmas.  All are good ideas, you can use the design ideas and change the color to blue.  

I hope this article and video inspires you to decorate for a blue Christmas. 



1 comment:

SandyMDesigns said...

This looks really good. Love the blue Christmas decor.