Normally my friend will set a vintage style vase of tulips on the dining table and call it her spring decorations. This year her kids are visiting and she wants her home to appear more festive, cozy and welcoming.
Her wants are simple decorations that will provide a look of spring but would not be expensive. She also wanted to decorate her home now and keep it throughout the spring season.
Here are a few simple decorating ideas
1. Create a spring-like entrance to your home by painting the foyer wall a pale yellow. This cheerful color is a natural way to add positive energy, make a small area look bigger and the color is complimentary to all pastel colors.
2. Decorate this feature wall with a spring floral painting or framed poster. Add a foyer table with silk or fresh cut spring tulips, daffodils, hyacinths or lilacs. A spring style figurine by Jim Shore would compliment the arrangement or a pretty glass or crystal votive with a candle.
3. Add spring pastel color to your living room and guest bedroom by accenting your space with floral pattern throw pillows. Choose prints that are of flowers that bloom in spring. Example; a daffodil floral pillow (yellow, white and green) would look fabulous with a yellow white and green stripe pillow. Then add to the mix a solid yellow, or green color no print pillow. Three or more pillows would look eye appealing. Choose from a variety of sizes as they will add interest to your decorations.
4. Spring weather can be cool and you may want to drape a seasonal pattern blanket on the backside of your accent chair or sofa. Pretty floral prints, or colorful butterflies would look nice as long as the color of the blanket is the same as your color scheme.
5. Accent your front door with a silk spring season wreath and change out your doormat to one with a spring theme.
Here are a few of my spring season home-sets that I designed to inspire my friend to decorate. Click on the link to view or to buy any of the products.