Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Red Rose with Black Valentine Bedroom Decor


When it comes to decorating my bedroom for Valentines day I like to create an ambiance that is cozy and romantic. A room where husband and I can go to relax, unwind and reconnect. I prefer this room to be simple yet elegant, without the use of cupid figurines or silly Valentine's Day products.




This year I will cover my bed with Royal Velvet® 400tc damask stripe egyptian cotton comforter set that I found at JCPenny.com then accessorize the top of the bed with a variety of red rose and black throw pillows.


For the nightstand I will cover it with a red rose and black print tablecloth, then add an inexpensive table lamp from zazzle.com a few red votive candle holders that I picked up at Yankeecandle.com after Christmas sale and fill them with rose scented candles. Since my hubby has a sweet tooth I think a box of Belgium chocolates would be a nice touch.


When it comes to shopping for fresh cut flowers I prefer Proflwers.com. I find the arrangements of flowers have a wonderful fresh fragrance and enjoy taking rose buds out of the box, Instead of having one day of flowers to enjoy I can have up to a week. This is why I will buy a dozen red roses for my dresser in the bedroom .


Valentine’s day is not for one day, we try to make plans to get away just the two of us for a date night every week and then it is always nice to go to our bedroom and lock the door. We enjoy our time together and we really like when our bedroom is decorated with a romantic Valentine theme. 

If you are inspired to decorate your bedroom for Valentine's Day then know that it is best to decorate your space 10 days prior to Valentines day then add the chocolates, candles and flowers on February 14th for your night of romance. 



Here is a bedroom set that I designed that will show you what I mean when I say a Valentine theme bedroom.


Red and Black Bedroom by sgolis featuring red rose throw pillows

No comments: