Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Craft / Sewing Room Inspiration

For the longest time, my craft/sewing room was a renovated pantry.  This space was long and narrow. I tried moving my hobby desk every which way but never felt comfortable and when the door was closed it was awful. So my handy husband turned our small bedroom into a craft room.


Whenever we plan a project the DIY project will be completed by working together. Normally I will draw out the plans and take the measurements and my husband is the laborer. Then I will decorate.



Granted the area in the house will be torn up for a few days but the outcome will be great and we will save money by doing the work ourselves.



So today I am going to get a head start on our upcoming home remodel by removing the furniture and then I will paint the walls a pastel yellow. I do not want to paint the walls dark colors because the room may feel closed in. Then instead of a drape on the window, I thought I would do white shutters and on the wall next to the window I would add a mirror



Since my craft/sewing room will be roomier I will shop for a comfortable chair to set by the window. I will also shop for throw pillows for my back and an ottoman. It would be nice to add an area rug as it would look nice covering the hardwood floors.


My Craft/Sewing Room Inspiration by sgolis 


No comments: