Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Bathroom Makeover Ideas - Blue Theme

This week my husband and I  have taken on another bathroom project.  Our bathroom is white and beige with bronze accessories and it looked good in the winter months but now my husband and I are tired of the "natural look"  and it is time for a bathroom makeover.

My husband likes modern, and I like cottage style, so we are compromising by painting the vintage wood cabinet blue, leaving the walls white and then will add blue bathroom accessories.

We shopped around for something we both would like and everything that we saw was not right.  My husband wanted a leather look shower curtain and we found a few but they were not to our liking.

 I had some blue leather swatches that I had been working within my craft room and pieced them together with a few swatches and took a photograph.,  The grainy leather look appealed to my husband's taste and I agreed that it did look nice.  So I scanned the photograph of leather swatches and then uploaded to my Zazzle store.

At Zazzle, I edited the leather look photo to enrich the colors before making blue bathroom accessories.  I created a blue leather look shower curtain, bath mat, and bath scale and other bath accessories

When it comes to cosmetic bathroom updates, know that this is an inexpensive way to give your space a new look.  We painted the wood bathroom cabinet and also added a blue feature wall.  Then decorated the room with leather look blue shower curtain and accessories.

Here is a set that I designed at polyvore that will show you our bathroom makeover ideas.





NAVY BLUE WHITE Stripes Bath Towel Set


Elegant Monogram Navy Blue On White Towel Set






Do you enjoy updating your interior during the winter months?  What spaces have you made over?




















No comments: